2018 Player of the Year
The following requirements must be satisfied in order for an individual to be eligible for the CDGA Player of the Year and/or CDGA Senior Player of the Year awards:
- An individual must be a resident of the state of Illinois or a CDGA member.
- An individual must register and compete in a CDGA or CDGA-administered Illinois State championship that awards CDGA Player of the Year points.
- For the CDGA Senior Player of the Year award, an individual must be age 55 or older to be eligible.
Point Allocation Procedures
The following policies are also applicable to earning Player of the Year points in the current calendar year:
- To receive points from qualifying for or being exempt into a USGA championship, an individual must register and compete in the championship proper.
- A maximum of 300 points can be earned from senior events towards CDGA Player of the Year standings.
In addition to determining the CDGA Player of the Year award winner, CDGA Player of the Year points are used to determine 11 spots on the amateur team at the annual Radix Cup Matches. Click here for additional event information.
NOTE: The CDGA will do its best to monitor who is playing in USGA events and qualifiers. However, if you notice you have not received USGA points, please contact the CDGA office.